Climate & Temperature
> Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Climate
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Climate & Temperature
- Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada is at 52°9'N, 106°43'W, 504 m (1654 ft). See map.
- Saskatoon, Saskatchewan has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Saskatoon, Saskatchewan is situated in or near the boreal moist forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 2 degrees Celsius (35.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 36.1 °C (65°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -10.2°C (13.6°F) on average falling to -20.7°C (-5.3°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 8.9°C (48°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -3.3°C (26°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 24.3°C (75.7°F) and average low temperatures are 10.5°C (50.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 9.2°C (48.5°F) during the day and lows of -2.6°C (27.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 347.2 mm (13.7 inches) which is equivalent to 347.2 Litres/m² (8.52 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2389 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands where you would find a Tundra climate (Boreal rain forest biome).
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Climate Graph in Metric Units
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Cold Lake, Ab, Canada - 344.6 kms (214.1 miles) NW
- Vermilion, Ab, Canada - 306.4 kms (190.4 miles) WNW
- North Battleford, Sk, Canada - 123.4 kms (76.7 miles) WNW
- Scott, Sk, Canada - 145.4 kms (90.4 miles) W
- Coronation, Ab, Canada - 323.3 kms (200.9 miles) W
- Swift Current (Cda), Sk, Canada - 222.6 kms (138.3 miles) SSW
- Swift Current (A), Sk, Canada - 220.2 kms (136.9 miles) SSW
- La Ronge, Sk, Canada - 345.2 kms (214.5 miles) NNE
- Prince Albert, Sk, Canada - 136.5 kms (84.8 miles) NNE
- Wynyard, Sk, Canada - 178 kms (110.6 miles) ESE
- Yorkton, Sk, Canada - 309.4 kms (192.2 miles) ESE
- Princeton, Bc, Canada - 309.6 kms (192.4 miles) ESE
- Regina (Cda), Sk, Canada - 240.2 kms (149.3 miles) SE
- Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada - 239.7 kms (148.9 miles) SE
- Moose Jaw, Sk, Canada - 219.4 kms (136.4 miles) SSE