Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Climate & Temperature
- Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada is at 52°9'N, 106°43'W, 504 m (1654 ft). See map.
- Saskatoon, Saskatchewan has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Saskatoon, Saskatchewan is situated in or near the boreal moist forest biome.
- The average temperature is 2 degrees Celsius (35.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 36.1 °C (65°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -10.2°C (13.6°F) on average falling to -20.7°C (-5.3°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 8.9°C (48°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -3.3°C (26°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 24.3°C (75.7°F) and average low temperatures are 10.5°C (50.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 9.2°C (48.5°F) during the day and lows of -2.6°C (27.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 347.2 mm (13.7 inches) which is equivalent to 347.2 Litres/m² (8.52 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2389 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan you would come out nearest to the climate station at Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands where you would find a Tundra climate (Boreal rain forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Cold Lake, Ab, Canada - 344.6 kms (214.1 miles) NW
- Vermilion, Ab, Canada - 306.4 kms (190.4 miles) WNW
- North Battleford, Sk, Canada - 123.4 kms (76.7 miles) WNW
- Scott, Sk, Canada - 145.4 kms (90.4 miles) W
- Coronation, Ab, Canada - 323.3 kms (200.9 miles) W
- Swift Current (Cda), Sk, Canada - 222.6 kms (138.3 miles) SSW
- Swift Current (A), Sk, Canada - 220.2 kms (136.9 miles) SSW
- La Ronge, Sk, Canada - 345.2 kms (214.5 miles) NNE
- Prince Albert, Sk, Canada - 136.5 kms (84.8 miles) NNE
- Wynyard, Sk, Canada - 178 kms (110.6 miles) ESE
- Yorkton, Sk, Canada - 309.4 kms (192.2 miles) ESE
- Princeton, Bc, Canada - 309.6 kms (192.4 miles) ESE
- Regina (Cda), Sk, Canada - 240.2 kms (149.3 miles) SE
- Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada - 239.7 kms (148.9 miles) SE
- Moose Jaw, Sk, Canada - 219.4 kms (136.4 miles) SSE